The following opportunities are currently available:
- Creating Cards for Home Bound Seniors- Volunteers can share their creativity and warmth by providing greeting cards for people. We all love receiving a real card!
- Technology Training-support the use of technology for communicating with others such as the Zoom platform.
- Video Creation Helpful Training Videos- create learning videos that Alexander JFS can share with our clients. Examples may include: How to Safely Shop Online, Shopping for Groceries, How to Use Zoom to Keep in Touch with Friends and Family (40 min Free!), How Does TeleMedicine Work?, How to Turn Off Your Main Water Line When You Have a Leak, Home fixes, ways to communicate with family, how to connect with your health provider etc…
- Friendly Phone Caller-If you’d like to reach out to a Alexander JFS client who is feeling isolated, we will train you on how to be a friendly phone caller. Volunteers for this job will need to have background screening and pass our HIPAA test. This volunteer job requires a weekly time commitment.
- Employment Mentor-support someone one-on-one who is looking for a job by becoming an employment mentor. Through video conferencing you will be sharing your expertise and advice. This volunteer opportunity requires both a HIPAA test and a background check.
To to start volunteering with Alexander JFS, please complete our online application.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (713) 986-7856.